This is a PDF sewing pattern and tutorial. THIS IS NOT A FINISHED PRODUCT.
The Rascal Fish One Size Fits Most (OSFM) Swim Nappy is a trim, adjustable side snapping swim nappy suitable for a variety of body types, to fit babies from 4-20+kg – from around 4 months right through to toilet training. It has four snap adjustable rise settings and two rows of four snaps on each wing, to adjust thigh and waist as needed. This pattern has been designed, tested and adjusted over several years both on my own children and in my handmade business. Features include:
- A better fit under swim clothes with less sagging, thanks to the trim design.
- A better seal around legs and more comfortable for baby as the nappy sits in the ‘undie line’, the crease between thigh and groin, rather than across the thighs.
- A great fit on all leg types equals no more leaks – no wings cutting into those more delicious baby thighs, or flapping around loosely on tiny thighs. This is because the trim wings sit above the thigh on the hip, rather than over the thigh area.
- Harder for older babies / toddlers to remove themselves when they get to that lovely ‘I’d rather be naked’ age, thanks to the side snapping design.
- Easy to customise fit around legs and waist – with the two level side snaps legs can be looser or tighter than the waist snaps as necessary.
- A better fit with less bulk in the OSFM, by adjusting the rise snaps – unique on a side snap OSFM (although common on front snap ones).
- Specially designed for swimming, compared to the regular OSFM MCN pattern this is slimmer throughout as no space for absorbency is required.
- A shaped tummy area with soft elastic keeps fit snug around the waist area.
- The great fit of swim undies with the ease of snap-up sides for easy changing before and after swimming.
Waist: 27 – 65cm
Rise: 28 – 48cm
Thigh: 16 – 45cm
Weight: 4 – 20kg
Your computer or device must have Adobe to open, view, and print PDF files.
You may sell items made from this pattern as specified in the PDF file. You may not sell, copy, or redistribute this pattern to others in any form.
Please note all sales are subject to my terms of sale.