This is a PDF sewing pattern and tutorial. THIS IS NOT A FINISHED PRODUCT.
The Little Rascal One Size Fits Most (OSFM) Modern Cloth Nappy (MCN) is a trim, adjustable side snapping nappy suitable for a variety of body types, to fit babies from 2.5-20+kg – from birth right through to toilet training. It has four snap adjustable rise settings and two rows of six snaps on each wing, to adjust thigh and waist as needed. This pattern has been designed, tested and adjusted over several years both on my own children and in my handmade business. Features include:
- A better fit under clothes with less sagging, thanks to the trim design.
- A better seal around legs and more comfortable for baby as the nappy sits in the ‘undie line’, the crease between thigh and groin, rather than across the thighs.
- A great fit on all leg types equals no more leaks – no wings cutting into those more delicious baby thighs, or flapping around loosely on tiny thighs. This is because the trim wings sit above the thigh on the hip, rather than over the thigh area.
- Harder for older babies / toddlers to remove themselves when they get to that lovely ‘I’d rather be naked’ age, thanks to the side snapping design.
- Easy to customise fit around legs and waist – with the two level side snaps legs can be looser or tighter than the waist snaps as necessary.
- Smaller babies get a better fit with less bulk in the OSFM to fit under those teeny tiny clothes, by adjusting the rise snaps – unique on a side snap OSFM nappy (although common on front snap ones).
The PDF includes instructions to create the official Drop In Designs Snap-In-One (SIO) absorbency system, including one bi-fold and one short insert allowing absorbency to be modified as babies grow. Inserts feature a unique easy rinse Poo-Gard design – an extended lining/topper which folds around all layers, making rinse outs easier and ensuring wet fabric doesn’t sit against baby’s skin, preventing nappy rash.
Waist: 25 – 70cm
Rise: 28 – 48cm
Thigh: 15 – 45cm
Weight: 2.5 – 20kg
Your computer or device must have Adobe to open, view, and print PDF files.
You may sell items made from this pattern as specified in the PDF file. You may not sell, copy, or redistribute this pattern to others in any form.
Please note all sales are subject to my terms of sale.